Revised time 5 January
Croydon Assembly Working Group on Local Economy
Meetings to discuss written evidence to the
Westfield/Hammerson CPO Inquiry
Monday, 5 January. 11.30am,
The Spread Eagle 39-41 Katharine Street, Croydon
Monday 12 January. 7pm
Ruskin House. 23 Coombe Rd, CR0 1BD
All supporters of the Assembly welcome.
Please contact me as convenor: firstname.lastname@example.org
The issues involved in the development’s plan and the Inquiry are complex. They include environmental issues: energy, water, demolition versus modernisation, air quality, wind effects of tower blocks, biodiversity. As part of their application for outline planning permission the developers submitted an environmental statement. In granting the outline planning permission the Council set out some environment requirements.
- BREEAM pre-assessment
- Code for Sustainable Homes pre-assessment
- Means of connection to any future District Energy Scheme
- Programme of archaeological work
- Biodiversity report
- Wind microclimate report
- Impact study on existing water infrastructure and Thames Waters comments
- Contamination investigation report
- Protection of Almshouses
In its report on the Council’s new Growth Plan the Croydon TUC working party recommended that:
- the Plan should include section on Greening the Economy
- the Council organise a seminar with environmental groups to begin to discuss the environmental aspects of the Growth Plan.
You can access the Environmental statement here:
For full copy of CTUC report go to: https://seancreighton1947.wordpress.com/2014/10/06/croydons-growth-plan-ctuc-working-party-assessment.