In a paper ‘Ambitious for Croydon – Key Outcomes and Performance Measures’ the Croydon Council Cabinet meeting on 19 January will be considering adopting some key tools to monitor the Council’s performance against the following key outcomes:
- To create a place where people and businesses want to be
- To help families be resilient and able to maximise their life chances and independence
- To create a place that communities are proud of and want to look after as their neighbourhood
- To be innovative and enterprising in using available resources to change lives for the better
- To enable more local people to access a wider range of jobs
- To help people from all communities live longer, healthier lives through positive lifestyle choices
- To make parks and open spaces a cultural resource
- To drive fairness for all communities, people and places
- To grow a thriving and lively cultural offer which engages communities and supports regeneration
- To protect children and vulnerable adults from harm and exploitation
- To create a place where people feel safe and are safe
- To be digital by design in meeting the needs of local people
- To enable people of all ages to reach their potential through access to quality schools and learning
- To help families and individuals be more financially resilient and live affordable lives
- To build a place that is easy and safe for all to get to and move around in
- To be open and transparent and put communities at the heart of decision making
- To provide a decent, safe and affordable home for every local resident who needs one
- To prevent domestic and sexual violence where possible, support victims and hold perpetrators to account
- To improve wellbeing across all communities through sport and physical activity
- To have the right people with the right skills in the right jobs
The key principles underlining the proposed ‘robust and comprehensive performance framework’ are as follows:
- Openness, transparency and accountability.
- A focus on real outcomes for local people.
- A focus on fairness.
Note: One of the main outcomes that is not explicit relates to addressing racism and hostility between different sections of the community.
The paper can be accessed at