It is just under two weeks until Rent Freedom Day: your chance to remind MPs to do something for renters before they start electioneering.
As well as the mass lobby of Parliament, there is a day of talks, workshops and events.
- 11am Diane Abbott MP and campaigner Becki Ely will debate the merits of rent control with the Residential Landlords Association and Institute of Economic Affairs.
- Noon. Air your views and share your experiences of the housing market at Open Mic session.
- 1pm. Comedians Josie Long and Andy Zaltzman and poet Angry Sam, who will provide light relief over lunch.
- 2pm. Generation Rent’s Alex Hilton, pollster Katy Owen from Survation and Jilted Generation author Shiv Malik will discuss Renter Power – what the growing sector means for the future of politics.
- 3pm. Spokespeople from the Conservatives, Labour, Liberal Democrats and the Green Party to debate why they’re the party for renters at hustings at 3pm.
Plus workshops on voter registration, conditions in the private rented sector, student housing, migrant rights, homelessness and many more.
Visit www.rentfreedomday.org/schedule for full details
Organised by Generation Rent