As part of its consultation on the future of cultural services Lambeth Council has organised several meetings in March to give people the opportunity to discuss the proposals, their own ideas or concerns with Council officers and Councillors.
Although attendees will be encouraged to discuss the future of parks, sports, events, libraries, archives and arts at each event there will also be a short workshop covering a particular theme. While registering isn’t compulsory it would help the organisation if you did. To register click on the event date url links that follow:
- Monday 2 March (7-9pm) at Streatham Library, with a town centre Library and archives theme workshop.
- Saturday 7 March (11am to 1pm) at Portico Gallery, West Norwood, with an arts, heritage and cultural events theme workshop
- Tuesday 17 March (6.30-8.30pm) at Waterloo Action Centre, with a Community libraries theme workshop
- Wednesday 18 March (7-9pm) at Myatt’s Field North Community Centre, with a community hub theme workshop
- Saturday 21 March (11am to 1pm) at Karibu Centre, Brixton, with a parks and events theme workshop
- Wednesday 25 March (7-9pm) at Platanos College main hall, Clapham Road, with a sports theme workshop
- Tuesday 3 March (7-9pm) – will be a special Arts Network event at Southbank Centre
Full details and consultation documents can be seen at http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/consultations/cultural-services-by-2020
For background on the future of Lambeth Archives see: