Evangelicals launch petition to get Ashburton Library
The evangelical church that had hoped to take over the old Ashburton Library building has launched a petition calling for Croydon Council to sell it to it.
It has posted up a lot of correspondence with the Council at
Further threat to Upper Norwood Library
What does the Budget mean for Croydon?
Croydon North Labour MP Steve Reed says its ‘A budget that lets Croydon down’.
Croydon’s Labour Leader Tony Newman has cautiously welcomed the proposed £7m cash injection towards helping the Council put in place proposals for the Croydon metropolitan centre.
Secrecy of meetings between senior officials and major firms
Croydon Green Party Manifesto
Croydon Council £100m debt with Royal Bank of Scotland
The Council is £100m in debt to the Royal Bank of Scotland through Lender Option Borrower Option (LOBO) loan contracts entered into between 2007 and 2010. It also had 2 LOBO loans of £20m with Dexia Capital (2007) and £19.5m with Siemens Financial Services (23012 &13). Full details can be seen at https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/lobo_loans_21?nocache=incoming-631106#incoming-631106
Since being bailed out £45bn by the Government in 2009 the Royal Bank of Scotland has been fined:
- £5.6m by FSA over money laundering etc
- £28.58 million for anti-competitive practices (January 2011)
- by US and EU over Libor (2013)
- £62m by US regulators for violating US sanctions with Iran (2013).
- £56m by FCA and £14m by PRA ‘unacceptable’ computer failure (2014)
- n£400m for role in rigging the foreign exchange market. (2014)
- by US Supreme Court (2015)