See Mystery Poster Story below
MORE SIGNATURES NEEDED TO SUPPORT
SAVE OUR FAIRFIELD HALLS CAMPAIGN
The petition will be presented at the Council meeting on Monday 18 April.
Thursday 14 April. 6.30-8.30pm. Croydon Town Centre is changing: How will it affect you?
South Croydon Community Association Question Time at Croydon College. Please register on the following link:
Monday 18 April. Closing date to register to vote in the Mayor/GLA and Euro referendum
Tuesday 26 April. 7-9pm. The Future of Croydon Libraries.
Croydon Communities Consortium meeting on the Council’s consultation on the future of the libraries.
St. Michael and All Angels with St. James, Poplar Walk, CR0 1UA. To guarantee a seat book on:
Stronger Communities Partnership Board
Details of the new members of the Board chaired by Cabinet member Mark Watson elected through Croydon Voluntary Action can be seen on
News about Croydon Developers
- Delancey Real Estate Asset Management Ltd (St. George’s Walk area) is teaming up with Qatari Diar Real Estate Investment Co. and Dutch pension fund APG Asset Management NV to create a £1.4bn home-rental business in London, with properties in the former Olympic athletes’ village and the Elephant & Castle district. The venture is subject to regulatory approval.
- Hammerson’s plans for Leeds published.
More Pie in the Sky for Croydon?
* Rooftop cinema
* RISE seeks to go underground
* House prices rise n15%
Croydon Marks & Spencer’s Future Still Uncertain
See interview with new CEO Steve Row who started working in the Croydon store.
Interview with Tracey Hague, Green Party candidate for the London Assembly
- Life on the western front 1916
- Samuel Coleridge-Taylor and Racism
See my comment on it.
- Croydon Heritage Festival
Jonny Rose posted up this poster on Twitter. Intrigued I asked him about it. He tells me that he saw it and took a photograph. ‘I’ve been in contact with the artist (they used a pseudonym, via private messaging on Twitter) who got in touch on Sunday morning to tell me where the posters are, but they’ve since deleted their account so there is no evidence or anyone to follow up on. I have no idea who they are.’
My quotation relates to the night-time economy debate.